Sunday, October 17, 2010

owl lamp: before and after

Well i haven't quite finished the nursery so I thought I would post a couple of small details here and there until the nursery is done...
... So I got this lamp at a thrift store it was supposed to be $8 but it happened to be 50% off. Yes!!! I was so excited I grabbed it right when I saw it and kept it close by my side I was seriously worried someone might try to steel it. Then when i got to the counter they could not believe I wanted such a ugly thing. Even my husband thought i was crazy, but now I think it is beautiful. He still thinks it's "whatever".

6 comments:

  1. FYI, You dresser drawers have mismatched knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i recently bought a hideous lamp with the intention of spray painting it yellow, thrifted for $5. i also had the hoarders feeling of someone trying to steal my treasure, dom was not so enthusiatic about it. he will be, and soon!

    ps. what kind of camera do you have? i love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. August is beautiful! I cannot wait to meet him! :) COngrats mommy and daddy. P.S. The nursery looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you got the lamp for such a steal!! They had similar owl lamps at a hotel I stayed in recently, and I loved them. I'll have to be on the lookout for one at my next thrift store outing.

    ReplyDelete