Sunday, January 31, 2010

gluten free banana bread

So I have been on a gluten free diet now for about 6 months. I just recently made this banana bread and I love it. I also cut out refined sugar so I try to bake with agave. I cheated a little bit though and put in organic dark chocolate chips.


Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup agave
2 eggs
3 ripe banana
1-3/4 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chip

Beat together butter, agave, eggs and banana. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Pour into a large greased loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to ask you for this recipe! Thanks for posting it I just got some Pamela's baking mix. Great pictures, by the way, did you get a new camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...looks delicious - I love banana bread - especially the gluten free kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - can any pancake mix be used? I have never heard of Pamela's?

    ReplyDelete